Golf Cart Insurance
Golf Cart Insurance Information
Golf Cart Insurance
For Golf Cart Owners in Miami and Across Florida
Driving a golf cart can be a fun, easy way of traveling short distances whether you're driving to the green, on the green or back home. But just like driving a car, driving a golf cart comes with its own set of risks. Since golf carts don't have as much protection as most cars, it's important to make sure you and your passengers are covered in the event of an accident. Choice One Insurance works with a wide list of carriers to protect you and your assets no matter what. We develop genuine relationships with our clients and commit time to finding insurance that suits your needs. Call us at (800) 547-0006 or contact us for a free quote today.
Common Golf Cart Insurance Questions
In general, you won't find an auto insurance policy that covers golf insurance. Golf carts can often be covered under motorcycle insurance, though.
Some states require golf cart insurance while others don't. States that do typically require you to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage.
Most of the time, you won’t be required to carry golf cart insurance in Florida. There are exceptions, however. Low-speed vehicles are required to carry insurance and some golf carts can be considered low-speed vehicles. It will most likely be considered a low-speed vehicle if it is registered with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Check your title and speak with the seller about whether your golf cart fits the criteria of a low-speed vehicle. Low-speed vehicles in Florida are typically required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) and property damage liability.
Golf cart insurance offers coverage similar to motorcycle insurance. Golf cart insurance may cover:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This pays for the victim's medical expenses if you cause an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: Property damage liability pays for damage you might cause in an accident.
- Guest Passenger Liability: This liability policy pays for medical expenses for your passengers in the case of an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist: This provides coverage if you crash with an uninsured motorist.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage covers your golf cart for damage done unrelated to a collision — such as fire, hail or windstorms.
- Collision: This covers your golf cart for damage relating to a collision with a car or other object.
Golf cart insurance premiums can vary wildly depending on where you live. In highly populated areas with expensive golf carts, you could look to be paying up to $83 a month. Other policies may cost $12 a month if you don't use your golf cart a lot.
Insure Your Golf Cart Today
If you live in or around Cutler Bay, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest or Homestead, visit our office today and talk about getting insurance for your golf cart. Choice One Insurance works to find our fantastic clients the lowest rates possible for Florida insurance. Call us at (800) 547-0006 and get insured now.